31 May 51+ Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times w/ Images
Feeling down? We’ve got the best uplifting quotes for hard times. Life can be extremely challenging at times, and we often need words of encouragement to keep going. I’ve spent some time looking for the greatest quotes and sayings to bring you happiness in the saddest of times.
Related Post: 57+ Quotes About Being Strong w/ Images [Updated 2018]
The greatest sayings for troubled times
Here are the best 10 positive quotes that will help you through challenging and difficult times. I hope you can use these in your darkest hours to find your way towards comfort and success.
1. Whatever happens, never stop moving.
Make small moves in the right direction
You don’t have to become a superstar over night. We often have to work hard and deal with plenty of failures before we meet any success. Try to just start small because it’s better than not starting at all. If you’re not able to win at first don’t be discouraged because:
- You’re probably not alone
- You are on your way towards improving
- You’re learning all the things not to do
Here is an amazing and inspirational speech given by Martin Luther King Jr. “What is your life’s blueprint?”
2. Failure is just a matter of perspective.
Use mistakes as a guideline
Think of failures as attempts rather than disappointments. In many aspects of our life we’re comfortable and willing to experiment such as movies, video games, and food. We never think of ourselves as failures for choosing a bad movie yet we’re very hard on ourselves for other topics such as careers.
3. “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.” – Unknown
You’re here for a reason
We often have the tools to fix any situation if we can calm down long enough to find them. Most of life’s challenges are solvable and waiting to be resolved. Take some time and think about what you have to work with and how you might use it to your advantage. Some resources most people can rely on include:
4. Mistakes can be more valuable than success.
– Samantha Snyder
Find out why you failed
If you don’t pinpoint what made you unsuccessful than you are likely to repeat that mistake. Take some time between attempts to review what you’ve been doing in detail. Sometimes the answers in life are small changes rather than more efforts.
5. Don’t lose your passion as you face a sea of endless challenges.
Surround yourself with positive people
It’s hard to stay motivated when the people around you are negative. This applies to your home life, social life, and work life. If the people closest to your aren’t encouraging you to do better or support you when you fail than you should consider a change in views.
Related Post: 85+ Teamwork Quotes w/ Images to Encourage Collaboration
6. Every failure is a valuable lesson for the next attempt.
Don’t give up
This is one of my favorite uplifting quotes for hard times. Remember that with every loss you are inching your way closer towards victory. It may not feel like it in the moment of losing, but you are getting stronger and smarter with every loss.
7. Don’t give up. Ever.
Slow down but don’t stop
Sometimes when you’re struggling with life it helps to slow down and recollect yourself. Great achievements take time and effort to build, and it doesn’t happen if you burn yourself out too quickly. It’s OK to get some rest and restoration for your mind and spirit along the journey.
8. We grow and become stronger through resistance.
Build strength through adversity
Great things are often difficult to achieve. The feeling of overcoming an impossible task is exhilarating and it wouldn’t happen if everything was easy to complete. Take note that all your struggles will one day be trophies once you win.
9. Stay strong, hard times won’t last forever.
Tough times come and go
Nothing lasts forever and, luckily, that applies to difficult patches of your life too. Moments of sorrow and despair will eventually pass, and you will be able to move towards a happier tomorrow. Stay strong and weather the storms of life that you are going through presently.
10. Let your experiences become a source of strength to guide you.
Find strength in your past
Pull strength and confidence from your past. You use your past to your advantage in a few way:
- Find strength in all the struggles you’ve had to overcome
- Build confidence in all of the accomplishments you’ve achieved
- Avoid mistakes by learning from previous failures
Related Post: 51+ Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles w/ Images
Quotes to use when life gets tough
Here are some positive quotes to use when life becomes challenging. Try to remember these because they can be useful in pulling you out of an emotional slump. Lastly, try to reach out to friends and family who may be able to support you through times of struggle and hardship.
11. “There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.” – William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
12. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” – Unknown
13. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” – English Proverb
14. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
15. “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.” – Confucius
16. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
17. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
18. “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
19. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb
20. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
21. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
22. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Luisa May Alcotto
23. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
24. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
25. “Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
26. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
27. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
28. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
29. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
30. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy
31. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
32. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett
33. “There is nothing like a crisis to help you define who you are.” – Dexter Morgan
34. “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” – Carl Jung
35. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up.” – Stephen Hawking
36. “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it. if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – Marcus Aurelius
37. “Don’t be discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is a step forward.” – Thomas Edison
38. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” – Bruce Lee
39. ” If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. Giving up is the greatest failure.” – Jack Ma
40. “Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
41. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred DeVito
42. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
43. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
44. “It’s not the hard work that burns people out, but rather the feeling that their work doesn’t matter.” – April Wensel
45. “Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone.” – Billy Cox
46. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. but I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
47. “We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than in reality.” – Lucius Seneca
48. “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
49. “Fear comes from uncertainty; we can eliminate the fear within us when we know ourselves better.” – Bruce Lee
50. “For the goal is to die with memories, not dreams.” – Unknown
51. “The happiest people do not have the best of everything. They make the best out of everything” – Unknown
Strive to overcome life’s challenges
Stay strong today and remember that life’s troubles are often temporary. Learn from your failures, embrace your mistakes as lessons, and move forward towards what makes you happy. I hope this collection of inspirational sayings can help motivate you today.
Take care and stay positive,