29 Apr 46 Peace of Mind Quotes [Images + Free eBook Download]
Having a rough day and need to find some inner peace? Here are my favorite peace of mind quotes and images to help you through a tough day and calm your emotions.
Peaceful Quotes and Images
1. The Dalai Lama says make peace with yourself first
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves” – Dalai Lama
Trying to solve the world’s problems is not a good substitute to solving problems of your own. Sometimes you need to take time to focus on yourself before taking on the world. The ability to do good and find peace in the world must start with you and pour outwards.
2. Don’t destroy today’s happiness with tomorrow’s worries
“Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.” – Randy Armstrong
Worrying is a very useless practice. It does little to help the situation and can paralyze you with fear and dread. If you can let go of even a little worry each day you’ll be saving a ton of energy that can be used for good.
3. Worry less and be at ease
“Don’t worry, be happy.” – Bobby McFerrin
And if you’re still worried than maybe this song can send you in the right direction. Released in 1988, “Don’t worry, be happy” is a hit song that reminds us to relax a little bit. Link to the official song here. A major plus point is that the video is weirdly great.
4. Don’t rely on other people for your happiness
“Don’t let other people hold the key to your peace of mind.” – Unknown
Relying on others for peace of mind or approval can make life nerve-wracking. If you can learn to accept yourself and be comfortable with your decisions it will greatly benefit your ability to stay calm.
5. Sometimes finding peace means moving on
“Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self respect, values, morals and self worth.” – Unknown
Sometimes winning the battle means losing yourself. It’s easy to get pulled into arguments in daily life that hold little value to you. Think about this the next time you decide to debate with your coworkers in a negative way about something you care little about.
6. Don’t burn out by going full speed all the time
“Life is all about balance. You don’t always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it’s perfectly okay, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing.” – Lori Deschene
Sometimes it’s OK to take your foot off the gas petal for a bit. Our society is result oriented, and we can sometimes get lost in the rat race. Remember that life is long and it’s often better to pace ourselves than burn out.
7. Forgive others and put your mind at ease
“Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” – Criss Jami
Holding onto the past can weight us down and take away from our peace of mind. This quote reminds us that if we often have plenty of reasons to be happy with the present and move on from the past.
8. Flow with the universe
“If you are driven by fear, anger or pride nature will force you to compete. If you are guided by courage, awareness, tranquility and peace nature will serve you.” – Amit Ray
Ever feel like the world is conspiring against you? I think we’ve all had those days. Remember that often when you come to the world with a happy, helpful mindset that it will be reflected to you. Learn to move with the world and not against it.
9. Find strength in your calm
“Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.” – Bernie Siegel
We don’t notice it, but our mind is attacked each day by negativity, doubt, and criticism. When were able to be comfortable with ourselves, we give you mind a piece of armor to combat the world. Find 65+ love quotes and romantic ideas to combat the negativity of daily life!
10. You have control over your peace of mind
“Happiness is a choice. Peace is a state of mind. Both are free!” – Amy Leigh Mercree
Remember that no one can make you feel bad unless you allow it. You are the sole controller of your emotional state. Sometimes bad things will happen and we can quickly recover as long as we keep our heads on straight.
11. Have good intentions to find peace
“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.” – Lao Tzu
All of our actions begin as a thought. If we can fix where our actions come from at the root, then we can eventually change our circumstance. If you have negative or manipulative thoughts, it will be difficult to create real value or relationships.
12. What costs you your inner peace?
“Anything that costs your peace is too expensive” – Unknown
We worry about over spending on our clothes, groceries, and friends, but what about our peace of mind? Your mind is a valuable things that tires and wears out as you put strain to it in forms of thinking, guilt, and doubt. How are you spending your “mind money”?
13. A peaceful sleep is priceless
“There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.” – French Proverb
How heavy is your head when you lay it down to rest at night? Knowing that we did the right things will help put our minds at ease. This quote on finding peace of mind reminds us that a clear conscience is the best comfort we can find.
14. Your world is a reflection of your state of mind
“You will see in the world what you carry in your heart.” – Creig Crippen
Perception is reality. If you have doubt and fear in yourself it’s likely that you’ll project that into the world. If you are at peace with yourself then hopefully you will project peace to the world and those around you.
15. Follow your heart to find peace
“You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” – George Michael
Being true to yourself is an essential step in making peace with yourself. If you don’t accept yourself, you’ll likely be in a constant struggle to find any peace of mind.
16. Forgive others to unburden yourself
“Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” – Johnathan Lockwood Huie
Holding a grudge against someone can really eat away at your peace of mind. It takes a lot of energy to be angry at someone, and bearing ill will towards another can deplete your stamina. This quote on finding peace reminds us how important it is to forgive others.
17. Look to yourself for peace and acceptance
“Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote, like many others on this list, reminds us to look inwards for peace and ease. No matter how much we look for approval from others, true peace must come from within.
18. Be present
“If you are depressed, you are living in the Past. If you are anxious, living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the moment.” – Lao Tzu
Staying present is something that is incredibly hard to do. Our brains are wired to relive the past and worry constantly about the future. If you are able to stay in the present, you will have a much better time finding peace. It helps to practice mindful techniques to keep your mind from wandering throughout the day.
19. Understand and sympathize with the world around you
“When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Another quote on finding peace of mind by staying in the present. If were able to focus more on the present, we will be able to understand more and emphasize with others better.
20. We manifest our destiny
“What we think, we become.” – Buddha
Our actions are a reflection of our thoughts and values. If we can think calmer and clearer than our actions will also reflect that.
21. Overcome your anger and be still
“The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.” – The Dalai Lama
A complete person will learn to control his or her anger as it is usually a source of pain and discomfort for all involved. If you cannot calm your mind during turbulent times then you are likely to lash out at yourself and those around you. Become a hero today by defeating your rage.
Messages to keep you calm
Because your day can sometimes be filled with anxiety, here are some short quotes to help ease your mind. Use these if someone or something is giving you a hard time today.
22. “Time and patience are the strongest warriors.” – Leo Tolstoy
23. “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” – Seneca
24. “It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.” – Maya Angelou
25. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
26. “He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.” – Lao Tzu
27. “Keep your head up because it may be raining now but the sun will always come out.” – Jason Su
28. “Forgiving is my gift to you. Moving on is my gift to myself.” – unknown
29. “You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” – Edwin Louis Cole
30. “The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil.” –Cicero
Quotes to Ease Your Mind
Being mindful and calm requires much practice and can easily be lost in a hectic day. Having a fight with your best friend, colleagues, significant other, or parents can quickly destroy your sense of calm. You need to find some strength and time to focus on yourself and regain your balance. I’ve gathered my favorite quotes here on the topic of being mindful, calm, and relaxed throughout your day.
31. “If we are ever to enjoy life, now is the time, not tomorrow or next year. Today should always be our most wonderful day.” – Thomas Dreier
32. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” – Jim Morrison
33. “You become what you think about all day long” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.” – Camille Pissarro
Related Post: Positive Quotes for the Day with Pictures
35. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” – Rabindranath Tagore
37. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
38. “Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished.” – Lao Tzu
39. “Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
40. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. ” – Will Rogers
41. “Desire is a contract you make with yourself to be unhappy until you get what you want.” – Naval Ravikant
42. “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
43. “A quiet conscience makes one strong.” – Anne Frank
44. “To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
45. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” – Marvin Gaye
46. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
Related Post: 51+ Best Nature Quotes to Inspire Your Day w/ Images
Download FREE Peace of Mind Quotes eBook (No Sign-up Needed)
- Get printable, high resolution PDF download
- 20+ pages of handwritten quotes & beautiful images
- Use these sayings to help you stay calm and collected
Put your mind at ease today
I hope these quotes and photos can help bring you some peace of mind in an ever increasingly hectic and chaotic world. It takes a lot of time, thought, and practice to get through a day without letting this crazy world drive you insane. Try to let you of your anxiety, stress, and worries if only for a second.
Reward yourself with some peace and serenity today,