13 May The 100 Most Powerful Quotes Ever Spoken
Our list of the most powerful quotes ever spoken about life, love, success, and change with images to inspire you.
1. “If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.”
2. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
3. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
4. “That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.”
5. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.”
6. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.”
7. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
8. “When it rains, look for rainbows; when it’s dark, look for stars.”
9. “To live life, you need problems. If you get everything you want the minute you want it, then what’s the point of livin’?”
Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)
10. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
Powerful Quotes about Life
Everyone has to face their individual challenges through life and overcome them. We do, however, as a human collective share many common problems and can benefit from common insights. Our favorite quotes about life and how to approach it.
11. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
12. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
13. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
14. “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.”
15. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.”
16. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.”
17. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
18. “The greatest ethical test that we’re ever going to face is the treatment of those who are at our mercy.”
19. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”
20. “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.”
Powerful Quotes about Love
Love is a confusing and beautiful part of life. As we find new relationships and build upon old ones, we can benefit from insight of philosophers from the past and present. Here is our list of famous and powerful love quotes.
21. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.”
22. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
23. “Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness.”
24. “You may be hurt if you love too much, but you will live in misery if you love too little.”
25. “Love is all you need.”
26. “I’ve always loved you, and when you love someone, you love the whole person, just as he or she is, and not as you would like them to be.”
27. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
28. “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.”
29. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.”
30. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.”
31. “I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.”
32. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.”
33. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.”
34. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.”
35. “The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much.”
36. “Only hate the road when you’re missing home. Only know you love her when you let her go.”
37. “You make me happy in a way no one else can.”
38. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
39. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back.”
40. “When I saw you I fell in love. And you smiled because you knew.”
41. Listen, when I look at you, my brain goes all stupid. And I just wanna hug you, and sit on the couch and play BMO with you. I can’t explain why, but, I never felt this way before and I think we should be together.”
Find someone you’re crazy about. Life is short and worth taking risks. Find someone who drives you crazy in a good way.
42. “True love stories never have endings.”
Try to make it work. Sometimes people are just incompatible and aren’t meant to stay together. Until you’re sure that you want to move on, put your full effort into building a healthy relationship.
Powerful quotes about strength
Staying strong and committed to your goals and ideals can be challenging as you hit setbacks. Remember that everyone fails from time to time. Use your hardships and struggles and source of strength. Here are incredible quotes about staying strong on your own through hard times.
43. “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.”
Speak up about what you believe in. Don’t hold your truth inside or you may regret it. Be who you are, and let people know who you feel. Those you care about you will be there to help and guide you.
44. “There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.”
Learn life lessons from your failures. Try your best not to make the same mistakes twice. Understand that losing is just a part of life and a necessary step on the path to success.
45. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Grow your heart. Remember that as you care for other as well when you are hurt by other people there is an opportunity to grow. You can learn from your mistakes and make yourself more resilient to letdowns.
46. “Blood, sweat & respect. First two you give. Last one you earn.”
You get what you put into life. Hard work and effort doesn’t always have to mean sacrifice though. Find something you love and work tirelessly at it to perfect your craft.
47. “Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.”
Test your mental and physical fortitude. Put yourself in uncomfortable situations often and see how well you handle yourself. Remember that we often grow by straying out of our comfort zones.
48. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.”
Life is an adventure – try something difficult. Choosing to do something that is challenging can be very rewarding. Put yourself to the test and grow by facing more intimidating tasks.
49. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.”
Find your strength through your struggle. Understand that you will grow stronger with every battle. Face life’s adversity and learn from your mistakes.
50. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
Find your inner strength. Your environment will always be changing, but one factor you can control is your mindset. Take some time to build up your confidence by working towards your strengths.
51. “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
This pain will only be temporary. It’s difficult to see the big picture when you’re dealing with present hardships and misery. You’ve overcome difficulties in the past, and you’ll continue to overcome challenges in the future. Stay calm and collected through tough times in life.
52. “Strong people don’t put others down… They lift them up.”
Help others out. We create lasting relationships and connections by helping each other. A few words of encouragement in troubled times can go a long way. Try to build up your friends, family, and coworkers today.
53. “Tough times never last but tough people do.”
Stay strong an persevere. Find strength and comfort in your friends, family and colleagues. Keep people around you who lift you up and provide encouragement during your darkest times.
54. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.”
We find strength and grow through resistance. Much like adding weights to your workout in the gym, we must find and add those corresponding weights in life. Find bigger challenges to help you grow whether it be work or personal transformation.
55. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
Survive and thrive. Remember that with every fall you’ll get back stronger and smarter. Use your losses to your advantage by learning from them. Come back fiercer and more determined then when you started.
56. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.”
Don’t fear difficulty because there’s usually no way to avoid it. Accept the reality that most good things in life come with a price. If you want to be the best at anything it’s likely that you’ll need not only talent but a massive amount of dedication and practice.
57. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”
Learn to fall. Get comfortable with failing because it’s an inevitable part of success. Know that with great leaps comes great failures. If success was so easy, we would all have it already.
Powerful quotes about success
Finding success in both your personal life and in your work can be a challenge. Working hard and staying motivated at your job is vital to a successful career. Having a group of coworkers you can rely on and building a strong team can really help you reach career milestones. Here are our favorite quotes on both finding and dealing with success.
58. “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when everyday you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.”
Celebrate small wins. Try to focus on doing your best each day because that’s all you truly can do. It’s good to plan for the future but you can only control it’s outcome from the present. Win at life one day at a time!
59. “There will always be someone who can’t see your worth. Don’t let it be you”
Know your worth. People will always doubt you and at times you may also doubt yourself. Know that even if you don’t have the answers that you still have the tools and time to figure them out.
60. “Let those of us who are well-fed, well-clothed, and well-housed never forget and never overlook those who live on the outskirts of hope.”
Take care of those who need it most. The reality is that many of us are born into success. Be grateful if you are lucky and help those who are less fortunate than you. If you were down on your luck you’d want someone to help you too right?
61. “Man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health.”
Find work that adds meaning to your life. Remember that you’re sacrificing your life and time with your work. Find a craft that you love so that you are building yourself rather than just trading your time.
62. “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.”
Play the cards dealt to you. Use what you’ve got because you usually don’t get to pick your circumstances in life. Successful people work to find the best in all situations, not just favorable ones.
63. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”
How well do you handle stress in life? Everyone’s going to get hit by unexpected situations and road bumps in life. How well you handle setbacks is going to greatly determine how successful you will become.
64. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Don’t give up. Every failure is just another step towards success. Don’t trade in long term success for temporary comfort. Try your best, learn from your mistakes, and keep pushing forward towards your goals.
65. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
Have the courage to keep going. We all take losses in life. Take some comfort that everyone fails almost all the time, and it’s completely normal. I miss my alarm at least once a week.
66. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
Thomas A. Edison
Just one more try, what’s the harm? We put so much of our time and effort into our work, our relationships, and things we care about. Why not just put 5 more minutes into a project you love before putting it aside?
67. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Measure your risks in order to take your chances. With most situations in life, the fear of loss is often greater than loss itself. Think about what you are actually losing with each attempt and see if your anxiety is grounded in reason.
68. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.”
Be patient and keep doing the right thing. It’s easy to get sidetracked with quick wins and easy shortcuts. Remember that with most things in life, whether it’s career or relationships, that you are playing for life. Think of things in the long game and make your decisions carefully.
69. “The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today.”
Do your best work today. Don’t use tomorrow as an excuse for all of the things you want to accomplish today. We can only make decisions and take action in the present.
70. “Never say never because limits, like fears are often just an illusion.”
Define your fears in life. Take some time to face all of the things you are most afraid of. Many fears are rooted in reason and logic and serve as a defense mechanism for us. Some fears, however, are irrational and should be destroyed.
71. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
Life lessons often don’t come from success. Be grateful for your failures as they teach you what to avoid in life. As you learn more about what makes you unhappy, you will be able to better move towards what does make you happy.
72. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen”
Find something worth waking up for. Life is hard enough doing something you enjoy, don’t make it more difficult by choosing to do something you hate. Find work and activities that are fulfilling and add to your life.
Powerful quotes about change
It’s important to change and evolve as we progress through life. Embracing new ideas and choosing carefully which path we take determines the life and legacy we leave behind. Here are some beautiful messages on change and transformation.
73. “If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now. For wheat is wheat, even if people think it is a grass in the beginning.”
Believe in yourself and keep pushing forward. You’ll often be able to recover and learn from your mistakes. You’ll also be able to build upon your wins and accumulate your successes.
74. “Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed?”
Step out of your comfort zone and grow. Living life in a safe comfortable place is great from time to time. If you want to mature and improve as a person though, then you often need to be in new and uncomfortable situations. Take the leap and explore today!
75. “Man’s mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions.”
You’ll never be the the same once you know. Learning new things and expanding your understanding of people and the world will change you forever. This is a good thing as more knowledge will often let you become more tolerant of differences.
76. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”
Focus on yourself first. It’s much more difficult to follow your own advice than to just give it. If you want to create better circumstances or relationships, then it often starts with improving yourself.
77. “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.”
To live life you have to take risks. It usually doesn’t hurt to ask or try for something you want. In most cases, failure isn’t fatal or everlasting. Take a shot at achieving what you truly want.
78. “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears, discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”
Start by making small changes. If you’re looking to improve your life remember that you don’t have to get everything done in a day. Try to just move a little closer to your goal each day and you’ll eventually get there.
79. “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.”
Don’t always be in competition with others. If you constantly compare yourself to others you’ll either look down on them or be jealous. Remember that the only person you should strive to be better than is yourself.
80. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”
Just start. Sometimes setting a large goal can deter us from ever beginning in the first place. Great accomplishments in life are often built over time and an accumulation of many events. Have patience as well as tenacity in starting something new and knowing it takes time to develop.
81. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.”
Your beliefs are often the biggest determinant of success. Try to stay positive during hard times and work your way towards a solution. Keep a good mental state and let it guide you to victory.
82. “What we think, we become.”
Our thoughts control our actions. If we are constantly in a bad mood or believe that we won’t succeed then it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. Be careful of what you choose to let enter your mind as there are plenty of negative influences to be found.
Powerful quotes about friendship
Friends are the people we love and trust. They are the companions that can help us through our darkest times and make life infinitely happier. Here are some great thoughts about friendships.
83. “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.”
84. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light”
85. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
86. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
87. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
88. “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.”
89. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.”
90. “Friendship is thinking of the other person first.”
91. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.”
92. “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.”
93. “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief”
Marcus Tullius Cicero
94. “A good friend is a connection to life – a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.”
95. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”
96. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.”
97. “There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.”
98. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
99. “Friends are the family you choose”
Jess C. Scott
100. “The friendship that can cease has never been real.”
101. “My friends are my estate.”
102. “Of all possessions a friend is the most precious.”
Short powerful quotes
Many great insights and thoughts on life come in few words. Here are some compelling short messages that contain vast amounts of wisdom.
103. “A mistake repeated more than once is a decision.” – Paulo Coelho
104. “Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
105. “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” – Alejandro Jodorowsky
106. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” – Kate Winslet
107. “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.” – E.E. Cummings
108. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
109. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.” – Paulo Coelho
110. “If victory is told in detail, one can no longer distinguish it from a defeat.” – Jean Paul Sartre
Draw strength and courage from these famous sayings and use them throughout your day to stay positive. We hope you enjoy our collection powerful messages and and productive.
Keeping your mind positive and productive can be difficult with all of the challenges presented to you each day. It helps to have encouraging people around you. Share these quotes with your closest friends and coworkers.
Related Post: 91+ Quotes to Live By w/ Images [Updated 2018]
Stay inspired with these empowering quotes
Keep these powerful words in mind the next time you’re dealing with challenges and setbacks. Life can be hard at times, and it requires you to be strong and rise up to the adversity. Tough times will pass and you’ll grow stronger and more resilient through each experience.
Hope you feel powerful and confident today,