01 Sep 61+ Quotes about Change and Growth to Transform Yourself
As we proceed throughout life it’s inevitable that we will change with the experiences we go through. We’ll either grow or grow bitter by the many challenges that await on our path. We’ll adapt and hopefully become better in relationships, love, and life. Here is our favorite quotes about change and growth to help encourage positive growth in your life.
Related Post: 57+ Quotes About Being Strong w/ Images [Updated 2018]
The best quotes about change
Life is about change and growth. Step out of your comfort zone and experience something new and exciting today. Use these sayings and insights to guide your way.
1. “How long are you going to wait before you demand the best from yourself?” – Epictetus
Give it your all:
Doing something with poor effort takes as much if not more our of you than doing something with full enthusiasm. Don’t fall into mediocrity. Find something you love and let it drive you towards improvement.
2. “With every mistake we must surely be learning.” – George Harrison
Mistakes are just tries:
Don’t take “failure” too harshly. In most cases they are just stepping stones towards success. In the end, it’s often all the hardships and challenges that we remember and treasure the most.
3. “Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and sculptor.” – Alexis Carrel
It’s a shared experience that all humans go through. Take some comfort that we are all trying to change and change is extremely uncomfortable. Also take comfort that your pain is leading to growth and transformation.
4. “Change is your friend, not your foe; change is a brilliant opportunity to grow.” – Simon T. Bailey
Change is good:
It may not be apparent when you’re going through it but most change is good. We often change because we are unhappy with our current situation and surroundings. Change gives us a chance to get a new view of life.
5. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
Let’s make things better:
When we work to improve ourselves, we often improve the lives of those around us. As we grow more patience with our friends and family, we are able to better communicate and understand them. As we grow our skills, we are able to better aid those around us.
6. “If you resist change, you resist life.” – Sadhguru
Let change in:
Often fighting change is a losing battle. Understand that nothing stays the same and it’s natural to adapt. Embrace positive movement around you and don’t be afraid just because it’s different.
7. “The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” – Muhammad Ali
Wisdom in age:
As we grow older, we learn from our experiences and become wiser. If you are seeking to keep the same views and biases you held as a child then you are wasting your years. Take in new information and change your views accordingly.
8. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Change starts with you:
You can move to world in a positive direction all by yourself. You have the ability to spread a little kindness today if you wanted. There are countless opportunities around us to improve.
9. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
Don’t be quick to judge:
We often have lofty views of change outside us but unwilling to work on ourselves. Take time to look at your flaws and work to become a better you tomorrow.
10. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
Build something new:
New things are often criticized. Those who are brave enough to explore what’s different and novel are often rewarded in life. This comes in the form of ideas, business, and relationships.
Related Post: 51+ Cute Life Quotes to Brighten Your Day w/ Images
11. “It is easier to build strong children than repair broken adults.” – Frederick Douglass
12. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
13. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
14. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
15. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
16. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” – Philip Pullman
17. “Change, like healing, takes time.” – Veronica Roth
18. “Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.” – Ovid
19. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” – Brené Brown
20. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston S. Churchill
21. “Let him who would move the world first move himself.” – Socrates
22. “We are the change we have been waiting for.” – Barack Obama
23. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.” – Helen Keller
24. “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey
25. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
26. “We first make our habits, then our habits make us.” – John Dryden
27. “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.” – Seth Godin
28. “People can cry much easier than they can change.” – James Baldwin
29. “A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow.” – Richard Bach
30. “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” – Steve Maraboli
31. “If we want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.” – Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
32. “A story only matters, I suspect, to the extent that the people in the story change.” – Neil Gaiman
33. “You cannot change your destination overnight. You can change your direction.” – Jim Rohn
34. “All is flux, nothing stays still” – Plato
35. “Nothing endures but change.” – Heraclitus
36. “Tides do what tides do–they turn.” – Derek Landy
37. “You must be willing to give up what you are, to become what you want to be.” – Orrin Woodward
38. “You can’t start the change unless dare to be different.” – Toba Beta
39. “We cannot grow when we are in shame, and we can’t use shame to change ourselves or others.” – Brené Brown
40. “We are all butterflies. Earth is our chrysalis.” – LeeAnn Taylor
41. “Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” – Tony Robbins
42. “Sometimes, things need to change, because there just isn’t any way for them to stay the same.” – Jay Crownover
43. “If you want truly to understand something, try to change it.” – Kurt Lewin
44. “Small changes can make huge destination differences.” – Sean Covey
45. “If you don’t like the solution, change the problem.” – Criss Jami
46. “Pain moves us forward, changing us into something else, something we need to be.” – Michelle Moran
47. “Most of our assumptions have outlived their uselessness.” – Marshall McLuhan
48. “The only permanent thing in this world is change.” – Totò
49. “Time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life.” – John F. Kennedy
50. “Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes.” – Surgeo Bell
51. “With grumble, nobody changes anything, even himself.” – Toba Beta
Quotes about growth and transformation
Change is scary and it often hurts. Change, however, will often be necessary if you want to become something more. Embrace the shared experience that we all must face change and challenges. Remember that with each step, and each failure, we slowly move towards our destination.
52. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
53. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” – Rick Warren
54. “Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.” – Edward Abbey
55. “Every problem is a gift – without problems we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
56. “There is no perfection, only beautiful versions of brokenness.” – Shannon L. Alder
57. “Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” – Ann Voskamp
58. “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” – William Shakespeare
59. “Becoming hurts.” – Kat Howard
60. “My destination is no longer a place, rather a new way of seeing.” – Marcel Proust
61. “A single day is enough to make us a little larger or, another time, a little smaller.” – Paul Klee
Dare to be different
Different scares people. It terrifies the status quo. It is, however, needed for you to become who you’re meant to be. No two people are the same, and it takes courage to change and grow towards your purpose. Celebrate the change in yourself and the difference in others.