24 Oct 51+ New Beginnings Quotes for a Fresh Start [Updated 2018]
The best new beginnings quotes and images that we’ve collected over the years. Sometimes you need a fresh start and new eyes to tackle old problems. Here’s to the courage to begin anew and embrace change as it comes.
“The sun is new each day.” – Heraclitus
Related Post: 51+ Happy Journey Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
Inspirational Quotes about New Beginnings
Finding inspiration for change and the heart to start something new can be difficult. Here are some positive, famous sayings to help you embark on a new beginning. Remember that while starting something new is often difficult, it is also frequently worth it. You’ll learn new things and and grow stronger as you take on new challenges.
1. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
It’s easy to point out all things you think “should” change with the world. It is much more difficult to create change in yourself. Take charge today and work on making a small step in the right direction.
2. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
Step out of our comfort zone and take on new challenges. We grow and find new, beautiful experiences when we take chances away from what is comfortable and secure.
3. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
Change begins with you. If you want to start something new then you often have to take the first step yourself. Remember that while new things are scary, many of them are also wonderful.
4. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
With every new year comes new beginnings. You don’t even have to wait for a new year, each day also brings another chance to improve yourself, avoid past mistakes, and create new relationships.
5. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
The path that you never complete is the one you never embark on. Don’t worry about how difficult a challenge may be. Giant accomplishments and seemingly impossible tasks are done one tiny step at a time.
6. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Just remember to start today. Remember that life is long and we will never accomplish who we want to be if we never begin. Take that first small step towards becoming who you wish to be.
7. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
Don’t be afraid of new things. Everything is new at first. Friends are strangers that we haven’t met yet. Failures are the beginnings of success. Take your chances and try something new today.
8. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Life is about exploration and building yourself up. You become a new you everyday with each new experience you face, new knowledge you learn, and new people you meet.
9. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” – Brene Brown
Change is uncomfortable and we often try our best to avoid it. Take comfort that it’s difficult for everyone, and you’re not alone in your struggle for improvement and growth.
10. “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
One brilliant piece of insight taken at the right time can change your outlook on the world. New beginnings can start at any time if you are open and willing to embrace transformation.
Related Post: 55+ Adventure Quotes w/ Images to Keep You Inspired!
More Quotes about New Beginnings
Our collection of new beginning quotes for work, love, friendships and everything else in between. Remember that the first step is often the most difficult one. Dig deep and find the courage to set out on a new path towards your dreams.
11. “If you’re stuck in a puddle, it means there’s higher ground all around you, you just have to step onto it.” – Emilyann Girdner
12. “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old” – Peter Drucker
13. “It is only when the mind is free from the old that it meets everything anew, and in that there is joy.” – Krishnamurti
14. “Come tomorrow, I’ll wake up new.” – Chad Sugg
15. “Only wise men look for new wisdom.” – Toba Beta
16. “Birthplace of a new year is in the heart of hope” – Munia Khan
17. “Living in new shapes, reshapes our thinking” – Lois Farfel Stark
18. “For every departed glory there is always a new discovery” – Sunday Adelaja
19. “The old resists the new one. ‘Change hurts’ is the reason.” – Toba Beta
20. “You will never get to a new place by walking an old path.” – Toni Sorenson
21. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anaïs Nin
22. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
23. “Sometimes, reaching out and taking someone’s hand is the beginning of a journey. At other times, it is allowing another to take yours.” – Vera Nazarian
24. “End? No, the journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
25. “The Sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” – Alexandra Elle
26. “I may be going nowhere, but what a ride.” – Shaun Hick
27. “Set out from any point. They are all alike. They all lead to a point of departure.” – Antonio Porchia
28. “Failure is not the end. In fact it is the beginning of a beautiful journey.” – Jade Youssef
29. “Every journey begins with the first step of articulating the intention, and then becoming the intention.” – Bryant McGill
30. “Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.” – Desmond Tutu
31. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
32. “Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.” – Shannon L. Alder
33. “Success will be within your reach only when you start reaching out for it.” – Stephen Richards
34. “Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” – Douglas Pagels
35. “If you believe you can, you might. If you know you can, you will.” – Steve Maraboli
36. “Let’s forget the baggages of the past and make a new beginning.” – Shehbaz Sharif
37. “Let’s not grow with our roots in the ground.” – Criss Jami
38. “It is the story that matters not just the ending.” – Paul Lockhart
39. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” – André Gide
Related Post: 51+ Cute Life Quotes to Brighten Your Day w/ Images
New Beginning Quotes for Work
Finding a new career or reinventing yourself at a current position can be a daunting task. Remember that to grow you must take on new challenges, face new failures, and grow through new experiences. Developing yourself with new skill sets are usually key to becoming successful in the workplace.
40. “To create different work, one needs new tools and materials” – Natasha Tsakos
41. “Creativity vs. inspiration: inspiration makes a copy, creativity makes something completely new.” – Hannah Garrison
42. “Just do it” – Nike
43. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.” – W.C. Fields
44. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ” – Walt Disney
45. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
46. “Never was anything great achieved without danger.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
47. “Fortune sides with him who dares.” – Virgil
48. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
49. “Vision without execution is just hallucination.” – Henry Ford
50. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
51. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
Related Post: 85+ Teamwork Quotes w/ Images to Encourage Collaboration
Try Something New Today
Life is short. Take your chances and explore something you’ve never tried before. Learn from your mistakes, find out what you like (and don’t like), and grow with each passing day.