28 Sep 51+ Long Distance Friendship Quotes to Stay in Touch
The best long distance friendship quotes and images to help you stay in touch. Just because your buddies move far away doesn’t mean the friendship has to end. You can maintain and grow all relationships if you have the right mindset, insight and effort.
“Time doesn’t take away from friendship, nor does separation.” – Tennessee Williams
Famous Long Distance Friendship Quotes
Keeping your relationships strong with pals that have moved away can be tough. Keep these famous sayings and thoughts in mind to help you maintain friendships throughout the years. Time and distance are just challenges we must overcome because friendships are vital to most of our happiness.
1. “Time is the longest distance between two places.” – Tamara Ireland Stone
Remember that physical distance is rarely the fall of a friendship. It’s the lack of communication that will ultimately lead friends to drift away. You can overcome distance by keeping in touch with friends through phone-calls, email, and social media.
2. “Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping, and who is worth letting go.” – Lana Del Rey
The hard truth is that some people aren’t meant to be in your life. Friendships that disappear with distance are often never deep and meaningful to start with.
3. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” – Henry David Thoreau
Having friends in distant places can be a positive thing. It expands your circle of comfort and lets you know that you are welcome in far away lands. Take time to visit your friends because it allows you to see another part of the world as well as reconnect with them.
4. “True friends never apart maybe in distance but never in heart.” – Helen Keller
Your closest friends are always near and dear to you in your mind. Take comfort in that they are always by your side in that manner.
5. “There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance.” – Dodinsky
People and places you have a deep connection with can never be lost. Time and distance will not wear away at concrete bonds.
6. “Distance does not break off the friendship absolutely, but only the activity of it.” – Aristotle
Being apart limits you only to physical activities. With today’s technology, you can still enjoy each other over a text message, online gaming session, or video call.
7. “We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere.” – Tim McGraw
Through our friendships, we undoubtedly take on each others tendencies and viewpoints. The memories, influence, and connections with friends travel with us anywhere we choose to go.
8. “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” – Unknown
We’re all under the same sky. Your true friends are always there for you in thought and memories. And if you really miss them, you can always just call them up.
9. “Great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” – Unknown
The very best friends you have you’ll never forget. It doesn’t matter how far apart you are from them.
10. “Can miles truly separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
Thoughts and feelings can transcend both time and space right?
Related Post: 55+ Short Friendship Quotes [Images + FREE eBook]
Friendship Quotes to Stay in Touch
Some light and happy thoughts on friendship that you can use to stay in touch with long distance friends. Remember how important friendship is, and how much joy it’s brought into your life, is critical to keeping them strong.
11. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard
12. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
13. “The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend.” – Stephen Richards
14. “Wherever it is you may be, it is your friends who make your world.” – Chris Bradford
15. “Friendship is the only cure for hatred, the only guarantee of peace.” – Buddha
16. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive.” – Anais Nin
17. “It costs nothing to ask wise advice from a good friend.” – George Clason
18. “A true friend makes your problem their problem.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
19. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
20. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” – A.A. Milne
21. “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” – S.E. Hinton
22. “True friends are always together in spirit.” – L.M. Montgomery
23. “There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
24. “No friendship is an accident.” – O. Henry
25. “Friends are the family you choose” – Jess C Scott
26. “Cutting people out of your life is easy, keeping them in is hard.” – Walter Dean Myers
27. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
28. “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.” – Charles Caleb Colton
29. “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” – Khalil Gibran
30. “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
31. “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.” – Mandy Hale
32. “The language of Friendship is not words, but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
33. “A good friend is a connection to life – a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” – Lois Wyse
34. “We know from daily life that we exist for other people first of all, for whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.” – Albert Einstein
35. “Tis a great confidence in a friend to tell him your faults; greater to tell him his.” – Benjamin Franklin
36. “A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.” – Frank Crane
37. “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
38. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
39. “However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.” – Albert Einstein
40. “Be slow to fall into friendship, but when you are in, continue firm and constant.” – Socrates
41. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
42. “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
43. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” – Aristotle
44. “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
45. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” – Aristotle
46. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
47. “It is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.” – Anonymous
48. “Friendship happens when the distance between the hearts tends to zero.” – Amit Ray
49. “A friend to kill time is a friend sublime.” – Haruki Murakami
50. “Ten minutes with a genuine friend is better than years spent with anyone less.” – Crystal Woods
51. “If you have nothing in life but a good friend, you’re rich.” – Michelle Kwan
Related Post: 51+ Cute Life Quotes to Brighten Your Day w/ Images
No matter where you are, we are always connected.
You can never lose the people dearest to you. Distance, time, and even death can never destroy the memories and influence that your best friends have had on you.