04 Jan 52+ Kindness Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
A little bit of kindness can go a long way in an evermore competitive world. We’ve gathered our favorite kindness quotes and images to guide you towards a peaceful life.
Kindness Quotes & Images
1. A great measure of character is how we treat those we have power over.
Be kind to those who rely on you:
Be nice to the people who have trusted you enough to rely on you. This can often mean members of your family, coworkers, and friends. While you may have more authority or power over a subordinate, remember that with that also comes responsibility for their well-being.
2. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it too.
Be kind to yourself:
Kindness starts from within. If you are in a constant state of self-hatred and unrest then it will be difficult to pass on any kindness or consideration to others. Self improvement can easily turn into self loathing quickly if we are not careful in how we treat and talk to ourselves.
3. Be kind and encourage those around you to keep moving forward.
We all move at our own pace:
Remember that we’re all here on our own time and move at our own pace. Be careful to discourage or criticize someone who isn’t at your level or status if they are improving. We’re all here trying our best to survive and connect with each other. There is no hurry to success as success is often fleeting and undefined.
4. Kindness is a universal language.
Kindness is for everyone:
Kindness is universally understood. Kindness and consideration can be taken and applied anywhere in almost any situation. Keep this in mind as you travel both near and far that kindness will always resonate.
Related Post: 80+ Inspirational Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
5. We don’t know what other people have been through, so take their actions with a grain of salt.
Be mindful of what other people have been through:
Experiences shape our personalities and behavior. Be thoughtful that other people have different backgrounds and different experiences that have made them different from you. If we can understand the trials and hardships that others have been through then it will bring us closer to accepting them.
6. You can do something kind right away – why wait?
Be nice before it’s too late:
We never know when our last day here will be. People perish everyday from depression, anxiety, and accidents. Don’t lose your opportunity today to make someone’s day a little bit happier with small acts of kindness.
7. Take care of those who have taken care of you in the past.
Set a reminder to call your parents:
We’re often so caught up in our own world that we forget our parents get older everyday. Life is chaotic, and we’re often focused on our work, own well-being, and immediate relationships take it’s easy to forget people who aren’t readily present in our lives. Set a reminder on your phone or desk to contact your parents every so often while you still can.
8. Be nice and encouraging towards your coworkers.
Support a coworker today:
Business and work is often a competitive and cut-throat environment. Step outside of the box by showing some kindness to both your coworkers and your competition. Remember that in a way were all part of one big game.
9. You don’t have to wait on anyone or anything to be a little kinder right away.
Start being nicer right now:
There’s no need to wait. You can start right now by making someone a little happier by just liking a Facebook post and writing a nice comment. It costs you maybe a second of your time and will immediately brighten someone’s day.
10. Kindness creates some of the most magical and priceless things in the world.
Give a little today:
If you’re able to read this on phone, computer, or tablet then you’re probably more fortunate than most of the world. Take some time today to be grateful for the amazing situation that you are in and try to make someone’s world who isn’t as fortunate a bit nicer. You can easily donate a small amount or help spread a good cause on social media.
Related Post: 41+ Love & Kindness Quotes with Images
11. Kindness is something wonderful to believe in.
Believe in kindness:
We may frequently disagree on ideas and religions but it is easy to come together through kindness. Being nice and considerate of other transcends ideas and can be valued universally across cultures and distances.
Related Post: 68+ Love Quotes & Images
12. Do something nice without the expectation of having it returned.
Be kind to each other, it comes around:
No one makes it through life alone. We depend on each other for friendship and support. Be good to one another and have faith that your good will return to you if it hasn’t already. Try to remember that making other happy is one of the most rewarding things we can do while we’re here.
13. Love and kindness are never wasted.
Kindness gives you an immediate win:
Kindness is it’s own reward in many ways as we can immediately feel good about giving it away. In most cases being nice to someone doesn’t even cost anything but a moment of our time and thought. A nice comment in person, through email, or by phone-call can make all the difference to someone in need.
14. The relationships we gain through kindness will often stand the test of time.
Create lasting relationships:
Forced wins and transactional relationships are often fleeting whether in business or personal life. Long term relationships are built over time and require constant care and consideration. Flashy gifts or momentary gains will often be marginal in the long run.
15. Life is tough and you never know what people are going through behind closed doors.
It’s OK to disagree:
We all have our experiences and inner demons to face. Try not to be overly critical of others because you rarely get to know someone’s unwanted memories. We’re usually blind to the driving forces that make someone behave badly.
Related Post: Be Kind to Your Friends with 68+ Best Friend Quotes & Images
16. Just be a little nicer than necessary today.
Too nice is better than not nice enough:
Being nice rarely costs you anything substantial. The popular thought of the “nice guy who finishes last” is often confused with the passive person who doesn’t bring enough value or effort to a given situation. Being kinder doesn’t make you weaker.
17. Every little act of kindness matters.
You can’t measure happiness:
You can’t quantify happiness, at least not very well by philosophical and medical yardsticks. You don’t know how much value something you say or do has on someone else. A few thoughtful acts throughout daily life will be a mountain of happiness throughout a lifetime.
18. It’s always better to err on the side of kindness and good ethics.
Intentions go a long way:
We live in a result oriented society that often forgets or disregards efforts. Remember that your intentions are what will define your personality, not just your results. Work hard at doing the right things and worry less about the outcomes.
19. A second of kindness to you could mean a world of difference for someone in need.
Give out an extra “like” today:
Support someone on social media today. It costs you a second to like someone’s post and make a positive comment about their current activity. It only takes a minute of your time and attention and can really cheer someone up on an otherwise gloomy day.
20. Kindness is a great way to win over your enemies and create new bonds.
Win over your enemies:
Friends and enemies are subjective terms. You can convert enemies to friends with enough kindness and understanding. We are often in disagreement but rarely needed to be disagreeable.
Related Post: 51+ Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times w/ Images
21. We’re all connected to each other so it only makes sense to treat ourselves kindly.
We’re all connected:
Understand that we are all connected on this earth. The world can be a small place, and a little kindness can go a long way. Remember that most people you meet are actually directly connected with others you have yet to encounter in forms of friendships, family, or relationships. Be kind to everyone with the faith that it will come back around someday.
22. Kindness is king.
Kindness saves the world:
In the same way that hatred breeds hatred, kindness creates more kindness in the world. Without much knowledge or instruction of why were here or what were meant to do, being kind and spreading a little happiness may be the best choice we have.
23. Happiness and kindness starts from within.
Focus on yourself first:
It’s hard to spread kindness or goodwill across the world when you’re in a state of anger and panic. Take some time to work on yourself and fix insecurities you may have. Once you’re comfortable with yourself then you can set out to spread your message to the world.
24. It is always possible to be kind.
You can always be nice:
You can be broke and still have love to give. Have some confidence that you will never run out of love or goodwill. Kindness grows as you give it away so there’s no need to be shy or cheap on love.
25. Be kind to everyone you meet regardless of their status.
Be nice to everyone and try not to judge:
Life is full of ups and downs and you will inevitably feel both. Help pick people up instead of looking down because it’ll be your turn someday. Kindness has a way of coming full circle and you’ll be glad to have considerate people in your life when things go wrong.
Related Post: 88+ Positive Quotes for the Day [Images & Updated 2018]
26. Be kind to others if you want that for yourself.
Have empathy for those less fortunate:
In an online world that grows to mock those suffering and less fortunate, we can embrace positive content and messages. Try to look up some “win” videos with the mountains of “fail” videos drowning the internet.
27. Being kind doesn’t make you weak or vulnerable.
Adopt a pet:
There are plenty of unwanted animals that are dying for some kindness and a warm home. If you want a constant reminder to be grateful, look no further than your loyal pet. They are dependent on you for survival and love, and eagerly await your return home each day.
28. You can show kindness with something as simple as a warm smile.
Smile more, it’s contagious:
Start your day off by smiling in the mirror. You can carry this with you throughout the day and have some confidence that it will light up whoever you meet. Smiling is contagious, and we have a human reaction to mirror happiness.
29. There is always an opportunity to show kindness.
Look for opportunities to be more kind:
We are in constant contact with people and have the chance to positively affect those we collide with. Take some time and care with the people you bump into today and see if there is a chance to light up their day.
30. Kind people are the best kind of people.
Relax a bit today:
Remember that your anxiety and worries will pass onto those you interact with.You can’t bring anyone peace if you are at war with yourself. Let go of that which you don’t have control over.
Related Post: 55+ Growth Quotes w/ Images to Strengthen Your Mindset
31. Be kind even to mean people because they likely need it the most.
Think of those less fortunate:
Remember that no matter how bad you have it, there’s likely someone in the world in worse shape right now. Be thankful for what you do have and appreciate that you may too lose that one day.
32. Be the reason that people believe in kindness.
Let go of a past grievance:
Let go of a past fault that someone has done to you. We all make mistakes and wish to be forgiven on some level. If you can forgive someone today it will likely ease your mind and help you become more understanding.
Related Post: 85+ Teamwork Quotes w/ Images to Encourage Collaboration
Quotes about being kind
Your day will be full of events and people that will test your character. Remember that being kind during heated moments and arguments is generally the best way to you. We hope you can keep these sayings to remain peaceful and kind throughout your day.
33. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
34. “Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.” – Dalai Lama
35. “Men are more prone to revenge injuries than to requite kindness.” – Thomas Fuller
36. “The simple act of caring is heroic.” – Edward Albert
37. “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” – R.J. Palacio
38. “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.” – Mahatma Gandhi
39. “Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth.” – Buddha
40. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
41. “Love and kindness go hand in hand.” – Marian Keyes
42. “Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness.” – Kahlil Gibran
43. “The wonderful thing is that it’s so incredibly easy to be kind.” – Ingrid Newkirk
44. “Gentleness is the antidote for cruelty.” – Phaedrus
45. “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
46. “Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing.” – Rumi
47. “It may take a little self-discipline, be simple, be kind, stay rested.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
48. “As much as we need a prosperous economy, we also need a prosperity of kindness and decency.” – Caroline Kennedy
49. “A laugh, to be joyous, must flow from a joyous heart, for without kindness, there can be no true joy.” – Thomas Carlyle
50. “We are all the foolishness and all the crimes we did. We’re also all the kindnesses we did.” – Hugh Leonard
51. “There is always a way to be honest without being brutal.” – Arthur Dobrin
52. “The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up for the acts of greed in the headlines.” – Charles Kuralt
Download Kindness Quotes eBook [PDF]
- Get printable, high resolution PDF download
- 24+ pages of handwritten quotes & beautiful images
- Use these sayings to remind yourself to be empathetic and spread kindness to the world
Spread kindness today
You don’t have to wait any longer. You may not have money or connections but you have an abundance of kindness that you can share with the world today. We hope that our list of kindness quotes and pictures can help you through a tough day and encourage you to act kindly throughout life. This list of photos can be shared with friends, family, and coworkers who might be frustrated and need some inspiration to be a nicer and more considerate in a heated moment.
Be kind to yourself,