04 Jan 32+ Kindness Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
A little bit of kindness can go a long way in an evermore competitive world. We’ve gathered our favorite kindness quotes and images to guide you towards a peaceful life. This list of photos can be shared with friends, family, and coworkers who might be frustrated and need some inspiration to be a nicer and more considerate in a heated moment.
Messages and Photos About Kindness
We’ve collected a list of sayings and pictures that emphasize kindness in ourselves and the world around us. Please use this as you please and share with friends as you wish.
1. “The greatest ethical test that we’re ever going to face is the treatment of those who are at our mercy.” – Lyn White
Be kind to those who rely on you:
Be nice to the people who have trusted you enough to rely on you. This can often mean members of your family, coworkers, and friends. While you may have more authority or power over a subordinate, remember that with that also comes responsibility for their well-being.
2. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
Be kind to yourself:
Kindness starts from within. If you are in a constant state of self-hatred and unrest then it will be difficult to pass on any kindness or consideration to others. Self improvement can easily turn into self loathing quickly if we are not careful in how we treat and talk to ourselves.
Famous Quotes about Kindness
3. “Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow” – Plato
We all move at our own pace:
Remember that we’re all here on our own time and move at our own pace. Be careful to discourage or criticize someone who isn’t at your level or status if they are improving. We’re all here trying our best to survive and connect with each other. There is no hurry to success as success is often fleeting and undefined.
4. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
Kindness is universal:
Kindness is universally understood. Kindness and consideration can be taken and applied anywhere in almost any situation. Keep this in mind as you travel both near and far that kindness will always resonate.
Related Post: 80+ Inspirational Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
5. “If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Be mindful of what other people have been through:
Experiences shape our personalities and behavior. Be thoughtful that other people have different backgrounds and different experiences that have made them different from you. If we can understand the trials and hardships that others have been through then it will bring us closer to accepting them.
6. “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Be nice before it’s too late:
We never know when our last day here will be. People perish everyday from depression, anxiety, and accidents. Don’t lose your opportunity today to make someone’s day a little bit happier with small acts of kindness.
Kindness Quotes for Kids
7. “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.” – unknown
Set a reminder to call your parents:
We’re often so caught up in our own world that we forget our parents get older everyday. Life is chaotic, and we’re often focused on our work, own well-being, and immediate relationships take it’s easy to forget people who aren’t readily present in our lives. Set a reminder on your phone or desk to contact your parents every so often while you still can.
8. “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
Support a coworker today:
Business and work is often a competitive and cut-throat environment. Step outside of the box by showing some kindness to both your coworkers and your competition. Remember that in a way were all part of one big game.
9. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
Start being nicer right now:
There’s no need to wait. You can start right now by making someone a little happier by just liking a Facebook post and writing a nice comment. It costs you maybe a second of your time and will immediately brighten someone’s day.
10. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
Give a little today:
If you’re able to read this on phone, computer, or tablet then you’re probably more fortunate than most of the world. Take some time today to be grateful for the amazing situation that you are in and try to make someone’s world who isn’t as fortunate a bit nicer. You can easily donate a small amount or help spread a good cause on social media.
11. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” – Dalai Lama
Believe in kindness:
We may frequently disagree on ideas and religions but it is easy to come together through kindness. Being nice and considerate of other transcends ideas and can be valued universally across cultures and distances.
Related Post: 68+ Love Quotes & Images
12. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
Be kind to each other, it comes around:
No one makes it through life alone. We depend on each other for friendship and support. Be good to one another and have faith that your good will return to you if it hasn’t already. Try to remember that making other happy is one of the most rewarding things we can do while we’re here.
13. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
Kindness gives you an immediate win:
Kindness is it’s own reward in many ways as we can immediately feel good about giving it away. In most cases being nice to someone doesn’t even cost anything but a moment of our time and thought. A nice comment in person, through email, or by phone-call can make all the difference to someone in need.
14. “Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable.” – Alexander the Great
Create lasting relationships:
Forced wins and transactional relationships are often fleeting whether in business or personal life. Long term relationships are built over time and require constant care and consideration. Flashy gifts or momentary gains will often be marginal in the long run.
Kind Words from Plato
15. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato
It’s OK to disagree:
We all have our experiences and inner demons to face. Try not to be overly critical of others because you rarely get to know someone’s unwanted memories. We’re usually blind to the driving forces that make someone behave badly.
16. “Be a little kinder than you have to.” – E. Lockhart
Too nice is better than not nice enough:
Being nice rarely costs you anything substantial. The popular thought of the “nice guy who finishes last” is often confused with the passive person who doesn’t bring enough value or effort to a given situation. Being kinder doesn’t make you weaker.
17. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
You can’t measure happiness:
You can’t quantify happiness, at least not very well by philosophical and medical yardsticks. You don’t know how much value something you say or do has on someone else. A few thoughtful acts throughout daily life will be a mountain of happiness throughout a lifetime.
18. “I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.” – Mother Teresa
Intentions go a long way:
We live in a result oriented society that often forgets or disregards efforts. Remember that your intentions are what will define your personality, not just your results. Work hard at doing the right things and worry less about the outcomes.
19. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.” – Steve Maraboli
Give out an extra “like” today:
Support someone on social media today. It costs you a second to like someone’s post and make a positive comment about their current activity. It only takes a minute of your time and attention and can really cheer someone up on an otherwise gloomy day.
20. “Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
Win over your enemies:
Friends and enemies are subjective terms. You can convert enemies to friends with enough kindness and understanding. We are often in disagreement but rarely needed to be disagreeable.
21. “When we know ourselves to be connected to all others, acting compassionately is simply the natural thing to do.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
We’re all connected:
Understand that we are all connected on this earth. The world can be a small place, and a little kindness can go a long way. Remember that most people you meet are actually directly connected with others you have yet to encounter in forms of friendships, family, or relationships. Be kind to everyone with the faith that it will come back around someday.
22. “Kindness trumps everything. Kind people are magnets for all of the good things in life.” – Tom Giaquinto
Kindness saves the world:
In the same way that hatred breeds hatred, kindness creates more kindness in the world. Without much knowledge or instruction of why were here or what were meant to do, being kind and spreading a little happiness may be the best choice we have.
23. “Be kind to yourself, so you can be happy enough to be kind to the world.” – Misha Collins
Focus on yourself first:
It’s hard to spread kindness or goodwill across the world when you’re in a state of anger and panic. Take some time to work on yourself and fix insecurities you may have. Once you’re comfortable with yourself then you can set out to spread your message to the world.
24. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” – Dalai Lama
You can always be nice:
You can be broke and still have love to give. Have some confidence that you will never run out of love or goodwill. Kindness grows as you give it away so there’s no need to be shy or cheap on love.
25. “Be kind to people on the way up – you’ll meet them again on your way down.” – Jimmy Durante
Be nice to everyone and try not to judge:
Life is full of ups and downs and you will inevitably feel both. Help pick people up instead of looking down because it’ll be your turn someday. Kindness has a way of coming full circle and you’ll be glad to have considerate people in your life when things go wrong.
26. “He who fears to weep, should learn to be kind to those who weep.” – Abu Bakr
Have empathy for those less fortunate:
In an online world that grows to mock those suffering and less fortunate, we can embrace positive content and messages. Try to look up some “win” videos with the mountains of “fail” videos drowning the internet.
27. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Adopt a pet:
There are plenty of unwanted animals that are dying for some kindness and a warm home. If you want a constant reminder to be grateful, look no further than your loyal pet. They are dependent on you for survival and love, and eagerly await your return home each day.
28. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
Smile more, it’s contagious:
Start your day off by smiling in the mirror. You can carry this with you throughout the day and have some confidence that it will light up whoever you meet. Smiling is contagious, and we have a human reaction to mirror happiness.
29. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Look for opportunities to be more kind:
We are in constant contact with people and have the chance to positively affect those we collide with. Take some time and care with the people you bump into today and see if there is a chance to light up their day.
30. “Kind people are the best kind of people.” – Unknown
Relax a bit today:
Remember that your anxiety and worries will pass onto those you interact with.You can’t bring anyone peace if you are at war with yourself. Let go of that which you don’t have control over.
31. “Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
Think of those less fortunate:
Remember that no matter how bad you have it, there’s likely someone in the world in worse shape right now. Be thankful for what you do have and appreciate that you may too lose that one day.
32. “Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.” – Karen Salmansohn
Let go of a past grievance:
Let go of a past fault that someone has done to you. We all make mistakes and wish to be forgiven on some level. If you can forgive someone today it will likely ease your mind and help you become more understanding.
Download Kindness Quotes eBook [PDF]
- Get printable, high resolution PDF download
- 24+ pages of handwritten quotes & beautiful images
- Use these sayings to remind yourself to be empathetic and spread kindness to the world
Spread kindness today
You don’t have to wait any longer. You may not have money or connections but you have an abundance of kindness that you can share with the world today. We hope that our list of kindness quotes and pictures can help you through a tough day and encourage you to act kindly throughout life.
Be kind to yourself,