22 Jun 100 Famous Quotes by Famous Authors with Images
The Most Famous Quotes about Life
Life is a complex and confusing journey for most people. Here is some famous words and wisdom passed down through history.
1. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
2. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
3. The more we value things, the less we value ourselves.
4. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
5. Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you.
6. That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.
7. Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.
Robert Louis Stevenson
8. Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75.
9. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
10. You will see in the world what you carry in your heart.
11. Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
12. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
13. Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
14. Whatever you are, be a good one.
15. We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.
16. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
17. The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
18. Normality is a paved road; it’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow.
19. Your past mistakes are meant to guide you, not define you.
20. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
21. Death is not the greatest loss of life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while we live.
22. The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.
23. Unable are the loved to die for love is immortality.
24. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
25. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
Famous Quotes About Love
Finding the right words to express our emotions isn’t always easy. Here are some romantic thoughts and quotes to share with someone you love.
26. True love stories have no endings.
27. And suddenly, all the love songs were about you.
28. We were together. I forget the rest.
29. When I saw you I fell in love. And you smiled because you knew.
30. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back.
31. Love is all you need.
32. The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much.
33. Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
34. If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.
35. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
36. Grief is the price we pay for love.
Queen Elizabeth II
37. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
38. We accept the love we think we deserve.
39. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
40. One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
41. We love the things we love for what they are.
42. Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.
43. What’s meant to be will always find a way.
44. The heart was made to be broken.
45. For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.
46. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.
47. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
48. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.
49. Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.
50. Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.
Famous Inspirational Quotes
Attitude is everything, and sometimes a good thought can help motivate you throughout the day. Here are some of the most well-known positive quotes.
51. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
52. Talk to yourself like you would someone you love.
53. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
54. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
55. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited of what could go right.
56. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
57. The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
58. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
59. Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
60. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Dr. Robert Schuller
61. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
Thomas A. Edison
62. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston S. Churchill
63. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you.
64. Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
65. Nature never hurries, yet everything is accomplished
66. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale
67. Keep your face towards the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
68. Don’t count the days, make the days count.
69. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
70. If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.
71. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
72. Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.
73. Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.
74. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
75. Whoever is happy will make others happy too.
Famous Quotes about History
Learning from the past allows us to avoid repeating the same mistakes. Here are some powerful quotes about the importance of history and education.
76. Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
77. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
78. What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
79. History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
80. Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.
81. I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
82. A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future.
Robert A. Heinlein
83. Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
84. We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Martin Luther King Jr.
85. You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.
Famous Quotes about Friendship
Find people who share your values and work hard to grow those relationships. Here are some notable quotes about friendship.
86. Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.
87. I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.
88. Friends are the siblings that god never gave us.
89. A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.
90. Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
91. Of all possessions a friend is the most precious.
92. Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives.
93. Friends are the family you choose.
94. The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.
95. We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.
96. A friend to all is a friend to none.
97. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
98. A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.
99. There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.
100. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.