19 Jul 55+ Adventure Quotes w/ Images to Keep You Inspired!
Feel a lack of curiosity? We’ve collected our favorite adventure quotes with images to help keep you inspired and motivated to explore. Keeping an open mind to both your environment and the people around you leads to understanding and beautiful encounters.
Use these famous sayings and quotes about adventure throughout your day to stay in an inquisitive state. Explore the unknown and take the path less traveled when possible. The world is full of wonder and excitement if we are willing to take the ride.
Related Post: 51+ Best Nature Quotes to Inspire Your Day w/ Images
The Best Quotes about Adventure
The best quotes and pictures about finding adventure on your journey through life. We wish you safe travels as you wander through this weird and beautiful world. Be open to new experiences and kind to creatures you meet along the way.
1. ”You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
Adventure breeds self discovery
It’s important to find out what you like and don’t like. Your life will be immensely more enjoyable if you become aware of your preferences. Travel and adventures are great at developing this because it subjects you to many different experiences.
Related Post: 51+ Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times w/ Images
2. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
4. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.” – Karen Blixen
5. “Life is an adventure, it’s not a package tour.” – Eckhart Tolle
6. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” – Ernest Hemingway
7. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – J. K. Rowling
8. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
9. “It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
10. “Nobody who says, ‘I told you so’ has ever been, or will ever be, a hero.”
– Ursula K. Le Guin
Don’t let the world bring you down
The status quo and people who are unhappy with themselves will often inadvertently try to stop you from growing. Understand that their views are their own and frequently have nothing to do with you. Try new experiences, fail, and keep going on the journey you desire.
Related Post: 51+ Happy Journey Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
New Adventure Quotes
Starting off on a new journey? Here are some thoughts about beginning on a new path. You can use these for yourself or for a friend to send him off on a happy journey. Moving out of our comfort zone isn’t easy but it’s usually worth it.
11. “I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing.” – Herman Melville
Keep a positive mindset on your journey
You can’t control every situation and will inevitably face setbacks. You are in charge of your mindset and can choose how to deal with difficulties in life. There’s usually a solution for every challenge if you can keep your spirits up long enough to find it.
Related Post: 88+ Positive Quotes for the Day [Images & Updated 2018]
12. “There is no certainty; there is only adventure.” – Roberto Assagioli
13. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” – André Gide
14. “Go small, go simple, go now” – Larry Pardey
15. “Each child is an adventure into a better life – an opportunity to change the old pattern and make it new.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
16. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
17. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
18. “There’s only one place I want to go and it’s to all the places I’ve never been.” – Nikki Rowe
19. ”Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn
20. “To die will be an awfully big adventure.” – J.M. Barrie
Sometimes you grow when you hurt
There are many times in life when we are faced with sad events. Unforeseeable mistakes that we wish could have been avoided. Remember that we cannot change the past, we can only learn from our failures and work towards a better tomorrow.
Related Post: 61+ Hurt Quotes [Images, FREE PDF eBook, Updated 2018]
Adventurous Quotes to Live By
These adventure quotes about life can be applied daily and not just for new experiences. Everyday can be an adventure if we allow ourselves to meet it with a welcoming and curious mindset. Even your workdays don’t have to be a chore if you can stay positive.
21. “Life is full of adventure. There’s no such thing as a clear pathway.” – Guy Laliberte
Find a team to help you stay on track
Life has no clear “right” path. Try your best to adhere to your personal values and find others who share your ethics. A great team of friends, family, and co-workers are essential to a happy and productive journey. Find teammates you can trust and allow them to help guide you.
Related Post: 85+ Teamwork Quotes w/ Images to Encourage Collaboration
22. “Here’s to freedom, cheers to art. Here’s to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start.” – Jason Mraz
23. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
24. “I’m still a kid inside, and adventure is adventure wherever you find it.” – Jim Dale
25. “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves.” – Andre Gide
26. “Don’t ever live vicariously. This is your life. Live.” – Lavinia Spalding
27. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
28. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” – Rumi
29. “Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” – Emily Wing Smith
30. “Adventure is not outside man; it is within.” – George Eliot
Find inner peace on your adventure
How we take care of ourselves physically and mentally will often determine what type of journey we have. Find out what brings you peace and work to build that up. Life is full of chaos and anything that can ease your mind is general a good thing.
Related Post: 34+ Peace of Mind Quotes [Images + Free eBook Download]
31. “Set out from any point. They are all alike. They all lead to a point of departure.” – Antonio Porchia
32. “Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.” – Neil Gaiman
33. “The journey itself is my home.” – Matsuo Bashō
34. “The farther you go, however, the harder it is to return. The world has many edges, and it’s easy to fall off.” – Anderson Cooper
35. “No experience is wasted. It is the stepping stones for a great success.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
36. “Don’t let your luggage define your travels, each life unravels differently.” – Shane L. Koyczan
37. “In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.” – Ansel Adams
38. ”Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” – Steve Pavlina
39. “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.” – Drew Houston
40. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
Be open to new experiences
As you travel and meet new people and cultures, remember to keep an open mind. People are often a product of their environment and upbringing. Just because their views may conflict with yours does not allow you to harass and criticize them.
41. “Every day is an adventure.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
42. “Adventures do occur, but not punctually.” – E.M. Forster
43. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
44. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
45. “The journey is the destination.” – Dan Eldon
46. “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
47. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way!” – Penelope Riley
48. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventures should be top priority.” – Richard Branson
49. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anaïs Nin
50. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
Come back home and share your experiences
Coming back home with a new set of eyes is a wonderful thing. You can come to appreciate the many things you miss on your adventure. Meeting old friends and seeing your family again is a fantastic reward after a long journey.
51. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
52. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
53. “It’s the unknown that draws people.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
54. “Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.”
– Danny Kaye
55. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
Begin Your Adventure Today
Take on today as a new adventure. You never who you’re going to meet or what’s going to happen to you. Keep an open mind, be kind to those around you, and let the world guide you somewhere beautiful.
Happy adventuring friends,