29 Apr 20 Peace of Mind Quotes to Calm Your Emotions and Ease Your Thoughts
Peace of Mind Quotes
Having a rough day and need to find some inner peace? Here are my favorite peace of mind quotes to help you through a tough day and calm your emotions.
Being mindful and calm requires much practice and can easily be lost in a hectic day. Having a fight with your colleagues, significant other, or parents can quickly destroy your sense of calm. I’ve gathered my favorite quotes here on the topic of being mindful, calm, and relaxed throughout your day.
Download FREE Peace of Mind Quotes eBook (No Sign-up Needed)
- Get printable, high resolution PDF download
- 20+ pages of handwritten quotes & beautiful images
- Use these sayings to help you stay calm and collected
Quotes to help you get peace of mind
1. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves” – Dalai Lama
Trying to solve the world’s problems is not a good substitute to solving problems of your own. The ability to do good and find peace in the world must start with you and pour outwards.
2. “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.” – Randy Armstrong
Worrying is a very useless practice. It does little to help the situation and can paralyze you with fear and dread. If you can let go of even a little worry each day you’ll be saving a ton of energy that can be used for good.
3. “Don’t worry, be happy.” Bobby McFerrin
And if you’re still worried than maybe this song can send you in the right direction. Released in 1988, “Don’t worry, be happy” is a hit song that reminds us to relax a little bit. Link to the official song here. A major plus point is that the video is weirdly great.
4. “Don’t let other people hold the key to your peace of mind.” – Unknown
Relying on others for peace of mind or approval can make life nerve-wracking. If you can learn to accept yourself and be comfortable with your decisions it will greatly benefit your ability to stay calm.
5. “Maturity is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self respect, values, morals and self worth.” – Unknown
Sometimes winning the battle means losing yourself. It’s easy to get pulled into arguments in daily life that hold little value to you. Think about this the next time you decide to debate with your coworkers in a negative way about something you care little about.
6. “Life is all about balance. You don’t always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it’s perfectly okay, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing.” – Lori Deschene
Sometimes it’s OK to take your foot off the gas petal for a bit. Our society is result oriented, and we can sometimes get lost in the rat race. Remember that life is long and it’s often better to pace ourselves than burn out.
7. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” – Criss Jami
Holding onto the past can weight us down and take away from our peace of mind. This quote reminds us that if we often have plenty of reasons to be happy with the present and move on from the past.
8. “If you are driven by fear, anger or pride nature will force you to compete. If you are guided by courage, awareness, tranquility and peace nature will serve you.” – Amit Ray
Ever feel like the world is conspiring against you? I think we’ve all had those days. Remember that often when you come to the world with a happy, helpful mindset that it will be reflected to you. Learn to move with the world and not against it.
9. “Love and peace of mind do protect us. They allow us to overcome the problems that life hands us. They teach us to survive… to live now… to have the courage to confront each day.” – Bernie Siegel
We don’t notice it, but our mind is attacked each day by negativity, doubt, and criticism. When were able to be comfortable with ourselves, we give you mind a piece of armor to combat the world. Find 65+ love quotes and romantic ideas to combat the negativity of daily life!
10. “Happiness is a choice. Peace is a state of mind. Both are free!” – Amy Leigh Mercree
Remember that no one can make you feel bad unless you allow it. You are the sole controller of your emotional state. Sometimes bad things will happen and we can quickly recover as long as we keep our heads on straight.
11. “If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.” – Lao Tzu
All of our actions begin as a thought. If we can fix where our actions come from at the root, then we can eventually change our circumstance. If you have negative or manipulative thoughts, it will be difficult to create real value or relationships.
12. “Anything that costs your peace is too expensive” – Unknown
We worry about over spending on our clothes, groceries, and friends, but what about our peace of mind? Your mind is a valuable things that tires and wears out as you put strain to it in forms of thinking, guilt, and doubt. How are you spending your “mind money”?
13. “There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.” – French Proverb
How heavy is your head when you lay it down to rest at night? Knowing that we did the right things will help put our minds at ease. This quote on finding peace of mind reminds us that a clear conscience is the best comfort we can find.
14. “You will see in the world what you carry in your heart.” – Creig Crippen
Perception is reality. If you have doubt and fear in yourself it’s likely that you’ll project that into the world. If you are at peace with yourself then hopefully you will project peace to the world and those around you.
15. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” – George Michael
Being true to yourself is an essential step in making peace with yourself. If you don’t accept yourself, you’ll likely be in a constant struggle to find any peace of mind.
16. “Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” – Johnathan Lockwood Huie
Holding a grudge against someone can really eat away at your peace of mind. It takes a lot of energy to be angry at someone, and bearing ill will towards another can deplete your stamina. This quote on finding peace reminds us how important it is to forgive others.
17. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote, like many others on this list, reminds us to look inwards for peace of mind. No matter how much we look for approval from others, true peace must come from within.
18. “If you are depressed, you are living in the Past. If you are anxious, living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the moment.” -Lao Tzu
Staying present is something that is incredibly hard to do. Our brains are wired to relive the past and worry constantly about the future. If you are able to stay in the present, you will have a much better time finding peace. It helps to practice mindful techniques to keep your mind from wandering throughout the day.
19. “When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Another quote on finding peace of mind by staying in the present. If were able to focus more on the present, we will be able to understand more and emphasize with others better.
20. “What we think, we become.” – Buddha
Our actions are a reflection of our thoughts and values. If we can think calmer and clearer than our actions will also reflect that.
I hope these quotes can help bring you some peace of mind in an ever increasingly hectic and chaotic world.