01 Jul 24+ Happy Journey Quotes [Images, Tips, and FREE eBook]
Happy Journey Quotes
Here is our list of happy journey quotes to help send friends and family off with. We’ve created a list of fun farewell ideas and reflections to help with the departure. Saying goodbye isn’t always easy, and this list is meant to help you find the perfect words to express your feelings. Wish your friends a wonderful trip with these sentiments!
Download FREE Journey Quotes eBook (No Sign-up Needed)
- Get printable, high resolution PDF download
- 24+ pages of handwritten quotes & beautiful images
- Use these sayings to wish friends and family off to a happy trip
Happy Journey Quotes to Wish Someone a Wonderful Trip
1. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Make a farewell speech:
Send your friends off on a good note by delivering a heartfelt journey speech. Recount all of the good times and memorable moments while send your friend off on a great trip.
2. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anaïs Nin
Make a mix-tape for they journey:
If your friend is heading off for a trip, make them a fun mix tape to listen to. This way they can remember the good times you’ve had whole enjoying some fun times that are filled with memories.
3. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” – Heraclitus
Happy journey quote reflection:
No two trips are ever the same. Not only is the environment and situations unique but who we currently are in our lives also changes. Hopefully this means that we’re more mature and can handle the journey with more grace.
4. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
Journey quote reflection:
Letting go of the past is hard. Whether it’s happy memories or sad ones, we’re often unable to let go of those thoughts that bind us. Sometimes it’s necessary to let go of the chains that bind us to move forward. Give your friends support in letting go if they are about to embark on a new journey.
5. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
Get lost on purpose:
It goes without saying that you should be in a relatively safe area; but free yourself on an adventure in to the unknown. Turn off your GPS momentarily and get lost on purpose. With a little bit of luck, you’ll find new paths and wonderful destinations.
6. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
Thoughts on this journey quote:
While most people coming onto the thought that they have control of their lives, most factors are clearly beyond any human control. Attempting to control something that is uncontrollable is a way to fail for sure. Embrace the fact that life is a little random and just enjoy this unpredictable journey.
7. “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” – André Gide
Tell your friends they’re always welcome back:
Let your friends journey off from the show with some security. True friendships last forever and can survive the distance. Wish your friends the best of travels but let them know coming back is a viable option.
8. “Your past mistakes are meant to guide you, not define you.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
Don’t let past mistakes cripple you it your friends. Learn from the mistakes of past experiences and move towards a brighter path. Forgive part grievances and hope for a better tomorrow.
9. “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take a step.” – Naeem Callaway
Sometimes parting on a new journey can feel like such a daunting task that people are too afraid to even begin. If your friend is contemplation moving to another city, then maybe advise that they take a mini vacation there first before making a solid commitment. Small steps are the beginning of big journeys.
10. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
Pack them a goodbye meal:
Make a small to-go meal for your friends as they part. This will save them a stop for food on their trip towards a new destination. Something easy to eat on the road would be ideal.
11. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
Buy them a gift card to a restaurant at their new location:
Do a little research and get a gift card to a local restaurant at your friends new location. They’re sure to be hungry after a long trip and will be happy to eat out. Hopefully they will also appreciate the thought that went into learning about their local establishments.
12. “Success is a journey, not a destination.” – Ben Sweetland
Enjoy the ride:
If you’re stuck one too many days dreading the “work” or sacrifice to get to your destination then perhaps you’re in the wing path altogether. Make sure you’re happy in the journey and learn to adjust if you realized you’re not content.
13. “Every single journey that I’ve embarked on, I’ve learned something new.” – Shailene Woodley
Learn a new language:
If your friend is leaving for another country it might be a fun exercise to try leaning a new language with them. There are plenty of free and good apps out there to help you pick up a new language efficiently. Spending time with your friend on an important matter to them, such as learning a new local language, is a great way to show you care.
14. “I am a believer in the journey and enjoying the journey.” – Uday Kotak
Send postcards back and forth with your friend to stay in contact while they are in their new journey. While technology makes communication so easy now, it doesn’t replace the human touch that you get from a handwritten card.
15. “If I’m left high and dry at the end of this wild journey, just taking it is a great feeling.” – Olivia Wilde
Plan a future reunion:
Make saying goodbye to your friends easier by planning to visit at a later date. Parting ways is never easy and knowing you’ll see each other again will be very comforting.
16. “I think it’s my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may.” – Leonard Nimoy
Help them pack:
Moving your stuff is usually an awful experience. Help your friends out on their new house by helping them pack up all their existing stuff. This will also likely give you a chance to say farewell as they take off.
17. “Everyone is handed adversity in life. No one’s journey is easy. It’s how they handle it that makes people unique.” – Kevin Conroy
Connect them with friends:
Maybe you know someone where your friends are relocating to. If you can connect them to a few people in the city it will help them get a head start on learning the landscape and surroundings. Even better you have the chance to help connect people together.
18. “Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.” – Pythagoras
Send them a text on the car ride:
Send your friends a text 15 minutes after they leave on the trip to remind them that you’re thinking about them. This is a small act that will go a long way to letting them know that they are missed.
19. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being excited of what could go right.” – Tony Robbins
20. “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
21. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur Ward
22. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” ― Paulo Coelho
23. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ― Abraham Lincoln
24. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Safe Travels and Well Wishes to You!
We wish you and your loved ones the very best on their journey. As you embark on new adventures, hardships, and victories, we hope you will take a moment to enjoy the journey and love the ride!