What are the most intense quotes about struggle and pain? We’ve collected a list of sayings to help express tough times and challenging days. Take some comfort that we all hurt from time to time, and that you are not alone.
1. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
Growth happens when you step out of your comfort zone.
2. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
Take on new challenges and take comfort that we all must face stress to gain strength.
3. “The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.” – Swami Sivananda
The bigger the challenge the more rewarding the victory. Many of our treasured memories come from times of hardship and even pain.
4. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brene Brown
We’re all struggling a bit – so don’t worry.
5. “Once you make it to your point of making it, you’ll appreciate the struggle.” – Nas
Something given isn’t nearly as sweet as something earned. Take pride in your efforts and hard work.
6. “A lot of what is most beautiful about the world arises from struggle.” – Malcolm Gladwell
Art and music often come from places of struggle and pain. Some of the most beautiful creations arise out of conflict and debate. One the world’s most famous bands, The Beatles, created their most well adored music while dealing with internal struggles.
7. “The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.” – Abraham Lincoln
Don’t give up just because something is difficult. Take root in what you believe in and understand that the path to victory is rarely a smooth ride.
8. “My life is a struggle.” – Voltaire
I think we all feel like this some days.
9. “Change is hard and requires constant struggle and determination.” – Sadiq Khan
Transforming your views, your achievements, your health, and other aspect takes significant dedication. Take time to document your true values and work tirelessly towards them.
10. “Art allows people a way to dream their way out of their struggle.” – Russell Simmons
Beautiful creations often help us express and resolve pain in a way that nothing else can.
Related Post: 61+ Quotes about Change and Growth to Transform Yourself
Quotes about challenges and pain
It’s normal to feel hurt some days and fall into a rut now and then. Don’t worry, it happens to everyone. What’s important is that you understand struggle is usually temporary if you give yourself the change to find some inspiration.
11. “Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
12. “The triumph can’t be had without the struggle.” – Wilma Rudolph
13. “I’m one of the world’s most self-conscious people. I really have to struggle.” – Marilyn Monroe
14. “Mankind advances only through struggle.” – Gustav Stresemann
15. “Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change.” – Andre Gide
16. “I am sort of drawn toward places in the world where there is struggle and conflict.” – Anderson Cooper
17. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Robert Tew
18. “The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.” – Pierre de Coubertin
19. “In the heart of every struggle lies an opportunity to grow.” – Melanie M. Koulouris
20. “Confidence comes from victory, but strength comes from the struggle.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “I will be stronger than my sadness.” – Jasmine Warga
22. “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.” – Theodore Roosevelt
23. “Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes.” – Surgeo Bell
24. “We’ve all lost something along the way.” – Po Bronson
25. “The world is larger and more beautiful than my little struggle.” – Ravi Zacharias
Inspirational Quotes about Pain
Pain and struggle are not always a bad thing. They are often a doorway towards growth, self-improvement and a broader outlook of the world.
26. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Khalil Gibran
27. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.” – US Marine Corps
29. “Out of pain and problems have come the sweetest songs, and the most gripping stories.” – Billy Graham
30. “Life is short. You have to be able to laugh at our pain or we never move on.” – Jeff Ross
31. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
32. “My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.” – Jim Carrey
33. “Pain and pleasure, like light and darkness, succeed each other.” – Laurence Sterne
34. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” – Tony Robbins
35. “True compassion means not only feeling another’s pain but also being moved to help relieve it.” – Daniel Goleman
Related Post: 61+ Quotes About Being Strong w/ Images [Updated 2018]
Download and share our 25 page high quality PDF of quotes to express your moments of pain and suffering.
Turn your challenges into strength
Life is a constant flow of struggles and triumphs. Remember that as you face troubles and struggles through life that they will transform you into a stronger person. Learn from your mistakes and draw from your experiences as you forge a path towards a brighter future.