25 May 65+ Love Quotes & Romantic Ideas [Free eBook Download]
Love Quotes & Romantic Ideas
Looking for the perfect love quotes to share with your other half? We have just the words to start a new relationship or strengthen an existing union!
Finding the right things to say can be quite a challenge. Even worst, the fear of saying the wrong things on an important date like an anniversary could be disastrous. No worries though, we’ve got you covered with some of the best love quotes around!
Download FREE Love Quotes eBook (No Sign-up Needed)
- Get printable, high resolution PDF download
- 65+ pages of handwritten quotes & beautiful images
- Use these sayings to build or strengthen a relationship
Get FREE eBook Now!
Here are some romantic love quotes to share with your other half!
1. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
Plan a candlelight dinner:
You can plan an evening at a favorite restaurant or have a quiet candlelight meal together at home.
2. “You are everything I never knew I always wanted.” – Fools Rush In (Alex)
Bring home a small gift:
Give your significant other a little gift from time to time, whether it’s a picture frame, bar of their favorite chocolate, or a movie you think they’ll like.
3. “And suddenly, all the love songs were about you” – Ina
Write a love letter:
A love letter is something your significant other will probably save for a long time because it’s meaningful and from the heart.
4. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
Offer a massage:
Offering your significant other a back-rub or foot massage after an exhausting day is an easy (and much appreciated!) way to show you care.
5. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Dr. Seuss
Send a sweet text message:
When you have a break from work or you’re on the way home, send your significant other a text to show how you feel.
6. “When I follow my heart, it leads me to you.” – Unknown
Plan a new experience:
What better way to make memories together than planning something neither of you has ever done?
7. “I’m not trying to. I just like you. I think I… I think I like-like you. Listen, when I look at you, my brain goes all stupid. And I just wanna hug you, and sit on the couch and play BMO with you. I can’t explain why, but, I never felt this way before and I think we should be together.” – Finn
I’m a huge fan of Adventure Time and the show is full of great quotes! You can see my favorite quotes from Adventure Time here in a separate post. The show is incredibly good at saying very meaningful things in a simple way.
Bring your significant other a warm towel:
While your significant other is in the shower, toss a clean towel in the dryer and give them a toasty towel to warm up.
8. “We were together. I forgot the rest.” – Walt Whitman
Relax with a romantic movie:
When you don’t feel like getting dressed up and leaving the house, bring the romance home and spend a lazy evening together on the couch.
9. “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” – Leo Christopher
Go out dancing:
Dancing is a fun and sensual experience. If you’ve never gone dancing, try signing up for classes together.
10. “What I have with you, I don’t want with anyone else.” – Unknown
Prepare breakfast in bed:
When you’ll both be home in the morning, surprise your significant other with their favorite breakfast in bed. You can find a list of good morning quotes to share with a loved one here.
11. “When I saw you I fell in love. And you smiled because you knew.” – Arrigo Boito
Often confused to have been said by Shakespeare, this quote is by Arrigo Boito who has created a few plays based on the work of Shakespeare (Link to source). This is one of our favorite quotes whether or not it was said by the great writer.
Leave sweet notes:
Leave your significant other a quick “I love you” message on the coffee machine or bathroom mirror before you go to work.
12. “My heart talks about nothing but you.” – Albert Camus
Order in from a favorite restaurant:
Have a meal waiting for your significant other after work. Try to recreate a romantic setting with flowers and cloth napkins on the patio.
13. “I love you more than have ever found the way to say to you” – Ben Folds
Surprise your significant other with flowers:
You don’t need a special occasion; try surprising your significant other with flowers at the office or when you get home from work.
14. “If I had to choose between breathing or loving you, I would say ‘I love you’ with my last breath.” – Shannon Dermott
Take turns planning dates:
If you are still dating and want to keep things fresh, take turns planning outings.
15. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back.” – Plato
Get a fire started in the winter:
Snuggle up together in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace or an outdoor fire pit with a bottle of wine.
16. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” – Stephanie Perkins
Head to the amusement park:
There’s nothing like a theme park to bring out the inner child in all of us. Heart-pounding rides can also get the adrenaline pumping to boost arousal.
17. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
Pack your significant other’s lunch:
Pack a nice lunch for your significant other to take to work. Make it more romantic by adding a flower, love note, or sweet treat.
18. “Love is all you need.” – The Beatles
Plan a weekend getaway:
You don’t need a grand and expensive vacation to get away from it all together. Plan a weekend getaway somewhere nearby that you both will love.
19. “And if love be madness, may I never find sanity again.” – John Mark Green
Buy her lingerie:
Make sure you choose something she’ll like and feel beautiful wearing, not the smallest lingerie you can find.
20. “Thinking of you, keeps me awake. And dreaming of you, keeps me asleep. Being with you, well it keeps me alive.” – Ivoryline
Celebrate a personal and unique anniversary:
Think of an event that brought the two of you closer and celebrate it each year.
21. “I miss you a little, I guess you could say. A little too much, a little too often. A little more everyday” – John Michael Montgomery
Relax in the bath together:
A candlelight bath with gentle music playing is a wonderfully sensual experience and a great way to connect after a long day.
22. “You make me happy in a way no one else can.” – Unknown
Make a photo-book:
Print your favorite pictures of your significant other and the two of you together to make a wonderful surprise gift.
23. “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” Ed Sheeran
Order a trophy:
For a fun (and funny) romantic gesture, have a plaque, ribbon, or trophy personalized with something for which you think your partner deserves recognition.
24. “Only hate the road when you’re missing home. Only know you love her when you let her go.” – Passenger
Go to a karaoke bar:
Have fun, enjoy a few drinks together, and let loose singing your favorite songs.
25. “All of me loves all of you.” – John Legend
Watch a meteor shower:
What’s more romantic than sharing a blanket at night to watch a meteor shower? The Perseid meteor belt is usually visible around August 12 every year for a romantic weekend.
26. “Life is a song, love is the music.” – Wall Words
Request a song on the radio:
Call your local radio station and request a song dedicated to your partner. Make sure you let them know when to tune in!
27. “When love is not madness it is not love.” – Pedro Calderón de la Barca
Cook a meal together:
Cooking alone is a chore and it gets old quickly. Come up with a meal you’d love to make together to make your meal more meaningful.
28. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
Learn mixology together:
Enjoying a drink together can be relaxing and mixology classes are a blast for couples to learn new drinks for quiet weekends together and entertaining friends.
29. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
Recreate your first date:
Have fun returning to the scene of your first date. Try to recreate everything you loved about that evening (and change what you wish went better!).
30. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sands
Plan a no-tv evening:
Make a night of enjoying each others’ company without turning on the television.
31. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
Call home from work:
When you can, call your partner from work just to say “I love you.”
32. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
Take care of the chores:
If your partner normally takes care of the chores around the house, a delightful and much-appreciated surprise would be coming home to find the chores already done.
33. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
Frame a photo:
Choose one of your favorite or first photos together and nicely frame it. It will be a wonderful surprise when they first see it next to the nightstand.
34. “If you love someone set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.” – Richard Bach
Mail a card:
Your partner will love the surprise of getting the mail and finding a surprise card listing the things for which you’re grateful.
35. “The fate of love is that it always seems too little or too much.” – Amelia Barr
Declare it King/Queen for a Day:
Dedicate a day for your partner to do whatever he or she wants.
36. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” – Josh Billings
Have a picnic:
Prepare a few sandwiches and drinks and spend an afternoon in the park. A fun day outside can be extremely romantic.
37. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
Learn how to make sushi:
Sushi is a very sensual food and it’s a lot of fun to make. Sign up for sushi classes together.
38. “We are born of love; Love is our mother.” – Rumi
Play a retro video game together:
Take a trip down memory lane on an old but fun couples game such as Mario Kart or Kirby. Having some fun together with games is a great way to share some time.
39. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Book a one-night getaway:
Break away from your routine and slip away together to a nice hotel nearby with a Jacuzzi for a secluded night of romance.
40. “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” – Thomas Merton
Start a box of mementos:
Begin building a box with the keepsakes, photographs, letters, and cards that remind you of the special times you have shared together.
41. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
Map your adventures:
Order a scratch-off map or buy a large map and track all of the places you have been together. The two of you can then plot new adventures for the future.
42. “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Tennyson
Show an interest in your significant other’s interests:
Whatever your partner loves to do, whether it’s football games, romantic comedies, or crafting, show some interest and participate.
43. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Paulo Coelho
You both work hard, so why not play hooky together to make some memories for a day?
44. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
Plan your dream trip together:
One of the best things about building a life with someone is having a partner to dream with you.
45. “The love you take is equal to the love you make.” – The Beatles
Take a walk together:
During the afternoon, take a walk to a nearby park or lake and spend the day enjoying nature together.
46. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” – Haruki Murakami
Enjoy a walk down memory lane:
Visit places that have been important to the both of you during your relationship like the sites of first dates and where you went to school.
47. “I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.” – Nicholas Sparks
Watch the sunset:
Find out when the sun sets and sit together on the porch with a blanket to take it in.
48. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James Baldwin
Ride a Ferris wheel together:
When the fair comes to town, make sure you take a ride on the Ferris wheel and share a kiss at the top.
49. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
Feed each other dessert:
Choose a decadent treat like rich chocolate cake and feed it to each other.
50. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
Pretend it’s your first date:
Bring back some of the excitement from the beginning of your relationship by planning a “first” date. Pretend you don’t know each other!
51. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.” – Tom Robbins
Have jewelry inscribed:
If you want a long-lasting memento of your love, have a piece of jewelry like a ring, locket, or watch inscribed.
52. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
Sometimes the simple yet meaningful signs of romance leave a relationship over time. Bring back the innocent love by holding hands.
53. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.” – Orhan Pamuk
Go skinny dipping:
Find a secluded place that offers enough privacy and go skinny dipping in the moonlight.
54. “It is easy to love people in memory; the hard thing is to love them when they are there in front of you.” – John Updike
Try dressing and undressing each other:
This is a sign of trust, commitment, and attraction.
55. “When someone is in your heart, they’re never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times.” – Mitch Albom
It may have been awhile since your flirted with your partner. Bring that spice back into your relationship and flirt in public.
56. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” – Albert Einstein
There can be something very romantic about being alone together in a beautiful, secluded part of nature.
57. “We are who we are, because of those we choose to love and because of those who love us.” – Kate Mosse
Try learning a new language:
Surprise your partner by whispering sweet nothings in Italian, Spanish, or French.
58. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
Groom your significant other:
This may include shaving a boyfriend or husband’s face or brushing your wife or girlfriend’s hair.
59. “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” – Charles Dickens
Try sexy role-playing:
Add a little excitement and adventure to the bedroom with some role-playing.
60. “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.” – Paulo Coelho
Take a cooking class:
Cooking classes are a fun way to bond further and learn how to make your partner’s favorites.
61. “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.” – E.E. Cummings
Give your partner romantic IOUs:
These IOUs can be good for a free kiss, a free foot rub, or anything else you come up with.
62. “Heaven would never be heaven without you.” – Richard Matheson
Compliment your significant other every day:
Offer a genuine compliment daily on your partner’s appearance, personality, or accomplishments.
63. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
Practice active listening:
No one wants to feel ignored. Whenever possible, give your partner all of your attention and look in their eyes when they’re speaking to you.
64. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
Go to the gym together:
If you’re both interested in taking care of yourselves, be motivation for one another and offer support.
65. “I’ve always loved you, and when you love someone, you love the whole person, just as he or she is, and not as you would like them to be.” – Leo Tolstoy
Never leave without “I love you.”
Don’t ever walk out the front door without acknowledging your significant other and offering a heart-felt “I love you.”
Showing your romantic side doesn’t necessarily need a grand gesture or a tropical getaway. There are endless and simple ways to show your significant other that you care, even if you live together or you’ve been married for decades. We hope these love quotes and action items can bring your relationship some happiness!