10 Jul 20+ Hold You Down Quotes [Handwritten Images + Ideas]
Have a friend who’s going through a tough time? Here is our list of friendship quotes for those who stick it through tough times and challenges. If you’re looking for more relationship oriented quotes you can see our list of romantic sayings and ideas here.
Hold you down quotes for true friends
1. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
Tell a friend you’re thinking of them:
Letting a friend know you’re thinking of them, even if the reason is silly, will brighten their day and bring a smile to their face knowing something reminded you of them.
2. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” — Jim Morrison
Send a friend your favorite song:
Is there a song you just can’t get enough of? Send your friend a link. You might find something new you have in common.
3. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Tennyson
Offer help when they need it:
If you know a friend needs help with something, offer before they ask. They’ll know you’re doing it because that’s what friends do, not just because they asked you to.
4. “’You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing.’” — E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
Send a friend some old pictures:
Do you have any favorite memories of spending time with a friend? Send them an old picture out of the blue. It’ll let them know you’re thinking of them and remind them of all the fun you’ve had together.
5. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elizabeth Foley
Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while:
Remember the friend you used to be close to but now you hardly see each other? Give them a call, chances are they’re thinking about you too. It might be time to rekindle your old friendship.
6. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
Bring a friend their favorite treat:
Drop by a friend’s place with their favorite sweet treat. They’ll be happy with the treat, but even happier you remembered what their favorite is.
7. “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” — Heidi Wills
Ask a friend about their current projects:
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what we’re doing, we forget that sometimes our friends may need our support. Ask a friend about something they’ve been working on or something they’re excited about. They’ll love to know someone is interested in what they’re doing.
8. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” — Anna Taylor
Write a thank you note:
Write a friend a spontaneous thank you note. Reading it will make them smile and let them know just how much you appreciate them.
9. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Call instead of texting:
Haven’t seen a friend in a while? Give them a call instead of just sending a text. That way, you can really catch up and even share a few laughs.
10. “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
When a friend talks, listen:
Though some things may seem trivial, to others they can mean a great deal. Your friend will be thankful you were willing to listen when they were having a hard time.
11. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
Say thank you:
Even though you’ve been going back and forth doing nice things for each other for years now, make sure to thank them every time. It’ll let them know you’re grateful for their kindness.
12. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” – Oscar Wilde
Tell a friend you’re proud of them:
Has a friend recently accomplished something they’ve been working hard at? Make sure to let them know how proud you are of what they’ve done. Congratulations and words of encouragement always mean more coming from those we are closest to.
13. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
Give a friend a compliment:
We all have days of feeling self-conscious. A spontaneous compliment from you might just make a friend’s day.
14. “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.” — Douglas Pagels
Listen to recommendations:
If your friend has been recommending a show or movie, go watch it instead of just saying you will to appease them. You might find something new to love.
15. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, and then wait to hear the answer.” — Ed Cunningham
Take an interest in your friend’s passions:
Does your friend have a book or television show they’re always talking about? Give it a try, you might find something you really enjoy and your friend will appreciate you taking an interest in things they care about.
16. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” — Marcel Proust
Take a friend out to dinner:
Treating a friend to dinner is a fun way to show them you care. It’s also a good way to thank them for being your friend without having to worry about finding the right words.
17. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” — Leigh Hunt
Go on an adventure:
Call up a friend and go somewhere you’ve never been before. Sharing new experiences will bring you closer and create memories that will last a lifetime.
18. “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” — Shanna Rodriguez
Ask that new friend to hang out:
Making new friends can be hard, but putting in the effort is always worth it. Every new friendship has the potential to last a lifetime.
19. “In my friend, I find a second self.” — Isabel Norton
Tell a friend you care:
Sometimes, all we need is a reminder that those around us care and have our backs. Remind a friend you care about them. Chances are, they care a lot about you too.
20. “‘He must have known I’d want to leave you.’ ‘No, he must have known you would always want to come back.’” — J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Tell your friend you are there for them:
If a friend is having a hard time, let them know you’re there for them. Dealing with struggle is much easier when you know someone has your back.